Friday, 1 May 2015

Constructing my Double Page Spread

When starting my double page spread I used the same main protagonist that I have used across all three of my main products. On this product I started by selecting the photo first and making it take up 50% of the double page.
 Next I went onto inputting my title, which is also the title for my main story on my cover. I also added in a catchy line underneath to attract my audience into reading the store. The title was i a strong bold black font to make out stand out from the photo and the background.

I went onto adding in my masthead in the top left hand side of the spread. I originally had no white background on it but it did not stand out from the photo. So I put this white box behind it to give it the recognition it deserves. I also added in a smaller photo of the main protagonist but this time he was lying on a train track to give the reader a sense of fear.


In this screenshot you can see that I have inputted some text beneath my masthead and also added in a small black line running down through the white gap on the right. This black line is used to create columns for when I add in my text.

 In this screenshot I added in a quote with a blue background. This quote will be right in the middle of my text and will be easily visible to the reader. This quote also gives it a bit more of a professional look.

 I started adding in all my text now. I had an interview with the main protagonist and typed in up in a word document. I then transferred this over onto my double page spread and did some organising to get it fit around my quote.






After adding all my text in I finally finished my double page spread. I was happy with the final product but also seen room for improvement next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment